Friday, May 22, 2009

New Adventures on the Horizon

I have been neglecting this blog.  Hopefully now that tomorrow is my official first day of "summer" I will do better.  Lots of stuff has been going on lately,

*Riley and I traveled to Las Vegas last weekend to see Jimmy Buffett in concert (Riley's Bday present).  Vegas and Buffett were amazing.  Even the drive was nice, it's always good to get 5-6 hours of uninterrupted talking time.  :-)

*Sam has teeth!  His two bottom teeth and one top tooth are all the way in, with a second top tooth soon to follow.  

*Sam is crawling...everywhere!  I am loving it.  He loves to follow Max around, especially if Max has toys.

*Max is done with preschool!  Today was his last day.  He has had an amazing teacher this year and I am sad to see it end.  He is very excited to start Kindergarten, although I am still asking him NOT to grow up on me anymore!

*Today was also my last day of preschool.  I am very sad about this.  My class this year has been amazing, both the students and the parents, and the teachers I work with are fabulous.  I will really miss them!  Which brings me to the next point. . .

*I accepted a part time job at a local high school.  I am very excited about it!  I will be teaching health and drivers ed. to 10th graders in the fall.  Fun times!

*I am very excited for summer!  Some items on our agenda:  soccer and t-ball games, camping, Thanksgiving Point, swimming, Yellowstone, lazy days, playgroups, dance, etc!  What are you doing this summer?

3 comments:

Catherine Glazner said...

Congrats Nicole!! I'm so happy for you!! Its gonna be fun to work at the Jr. High!!

I am planning on doing NOTHING this summer!! Just have lazy days with YOU!!! LOL. I am really excited for SUMMER!!

Anonymous said...

You'll be such a great teacher! -doesn't it seem like we were in
10th grade just a few yrs. ago? Maybe it's just me, but it really doesn't seem as long ago as it really has been!

Heather Whitworth said...

You are going to LOVE a part-time teaching schedule. It's just enough, but not too much... That's great you are going to be back in the classroom. You are an amazing teacher and those sophomores are going to be wrapped around your finger! :)