Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lazy Sunday and Other Ramblings

Today we've been having a lazy Sunday. After our bi-weekly "stock up" at walmart and costco, we've just been hanging out playing video games, surfing the net, and watching TV. It's been really nice.

In other "news", yesterday Max and I went to the 70% closeout sale at Dreamcastle on Lehi Main Street. We got there about 5 minutes before they were shutting down, so they were hauling a bunch of stuff out, but we got some great deals on cute games, puzzles, and wooden train tracks. As we were leaving, the owner of the store came up to Max and gave him a whole bunch of toys for FREE!!! LUCKY! He got some wooden trucks and cars, wooden people figurines, and train tracks. It was awesome and he's been having so much fun with his new stuff! Riley and I have been glad that he is finally not asking for the DS every 5 minutes.

As far as the DS goes, Max LOVES to play it! Especially Mario games, which he is still trying to master. Riley and I have figured out how to use the DS to our advantage and have started a reward system for DS time. It has been working out great, and helps us to really limit the amount of time that he spends playing it.

Max is getting very excited for his birthday! I cannot believe he is going to be 4!!! We have finally figured out Max's B-day party situation. We have decided to just go ahead and have his family party on Easter night. Between dance competitions and Riley's work schedule, it's the day that seems to work out best. Also, it will make it so that we aren't dragging out birthday parties for Max over a whole week. I think we'll just have cake and ice cream at our house later that day/evening. Should be fun! I'm also excited that we can have his friend party ON his birthday! We let him choose where to have it, and he has chosen Backyard Adventures again. We looked into some other places, and besides being more expensive, they were also really restrictive and the party wouldn't have been private, so since his birthday is on a Saturday, I'm sure there would have been millions of kids running around. So, Backyard Adventures it is!
Now, back to my lazy Sunday!

1 comment:

Catherine Glazner said...

YAY- I love Lazy Sundays!! They are the best!! Nice find with the toy store!! Lucky!! He is soo good at playing the DS, he's better than ME. Make me laugh how he asks you for it.
Backyard Adventures is fun place, even though I don't like the girl there, its a fun place for kids to go. Jocelyn LOVES it there, they will have a blast!! Wow, I can't believe Max is turning 4 either!? wow our kids are growing up!!