Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Fourth of July Fun!

We had a great Fourth of July this year, but were bummed that Riley had to work that night :-( . Our day was filled with BBQ's (with yummy food), family, water, and fireworks! We first went to a BBQ at Riley's parents. Max immediately changed into his swimsuit when he saw the big water slide, but wasn't so sure of climbing up it at first. After getting used to the cold water, a little bit of encouragement, and a couple of times down the slide on Grandma Terrie's lap, Max finally decided he could do it himself. He spent the whole time at the BBQ in the water and he loved it!The kids had a good time going between the cold water slide and the warm hot tub (it was cooled down so the kids could play in it). We were able to eat tons of yummy food before Riley had to head off for work :-( . We're hoping he has the 4th off next year.

Then, Max and I were off to my parent's house for another BBQ! Some of my extended family came down from Logan to eat with us before they went to the stadium of fire. It was fun to see them, and Max always loves it when there are other kids to play with.
My dad looking all festive for the holiday! He had to work that night too, so he didn't get to show off his "flag wave" at the fireworks. Roxy was also ready for the festivities. She's such a sweet dog, I can't believe she let us do this to her hair!
After the fam left, my mom, Max, and I got ready to go and watch the PG fireworks. They were at the Jr. High this year (which we thought was a little weird, breaking tradition). It was awesome! I hope they continue to do them there. We arrived only about 15 minutes early, got a great parking spot and found a nice spot on the lawn to watch them. They were literally right above our head, and Max liked being able to look up at the track and see the firemen lighting them. When the fireworks started, he wasn't so sure about the noise, but after a few minutes, he got used to it and started to really enjoy it. After they were over, he told me "Mom, this is the best day of my life". So sweet!

2 comments:

kyler & Stef said...

Hi Nicole,
Your blog is so cute. It's fun to see how you guys are doing. That sucks Riley had to work on the
4th. The joy of being a nurse:)
*Stef Fisher

Catherine Glazner said...

I LOVE the picture of you and Max! So Cute!! I love Roxi too. LOL. Jocelyn saw me looking at the blog, and she said, I want to go to Max's house!! I want to go on that!! LOL.