Sunday, July 20, 2008

Only 50 days left!

WOOHOO! Only 50 days left until we meet Sam! I am getting so excited, even though I know these 50 days are the LONGEST of the entire pregnancy. :-)

I only have a few things left to do. We have Sam's room almost finished (thanks Riley and mom for all of your help!) We got some awesome new shelving and from IKEA, and I love it! I will post pictures of the finished room when we get around to hanging the shelf. I have also brought home all of the baby stuff that we still had stashed in my parent's basement from when we moved (thanks for the free storage mom and dad!). The clothes, car seat, bouncer, and pack and play are cleaned and ready to go. Now I think we just need to stock up on diapers and wipes and we're good to go!

I am still feeling great, and the heat hasn't been too bad, although I don't think I'm spending quite as much time outside as I normally would. I also occasionally have to adjust our air conditioner to keep from sweating to death, but it hasn't bugged me as much as I thought it would.

So, I need advice from moms. . .I have thought about getting a boppy pillow this time around, with this really cute dino cover, but can't decide. If you have had one, did you use it? Love it/Hate it? Do you recommend getting one? And, if so, just the normal boppy pillow, or a different style???

5 comments:

Catherine Glazner said...

YAY, I'm the first one to give you advise. I didn't have one for Jocelyn, so when Bridger was born, I got one. I must say that I really LOVED it!! Not only does it help for nursing, but also for tummy time, learning how to sit, and even when Daddy or Mommy is just holding him, to put him down on the bobby and just let him hang out is a great! Also great for the small of your back!! I totally recommend getting one!! I used mine a lot more than I thought I would.

Andrea said...

OOOOHHHH!! I am a fan of the boppy pillow. I had 2, a newborn lounger and the normal one. I loved the normal one for nursing, etc. But my favorite was the newborn lounger!!! I put Jax in it all the time. It was filled in and had a place to put his bum. I would put him on the bed by me, on the couch, on the counter, anywhere. I had a harder time putting him in the regular boppy because he'd fall out and sink in!! I just searched for the boppy newborn lounger and found it!!

Unknown said...

I am a fan of the boppy pillow! Even though I only nursed for five days (or tried to) we still used it a lot. Shaylie loved just laying in it! Thanks for coming out to see me today!

James and Cassidee said...

You are stressing me out with all this readiness business! I need to get on the ball! I only have a crib and dressing table and a travel system. Nothing else! I better get a crackin!

Rachael Grotegut said...

Man I can't believe you only have 50 days left. Do you have a set day for your C-section?
I loved the boppy. It was awesome when I tried to breastfeed Keaton for 3 weeks. Also he loved to sleep on it like a pillow. When he was bigger and almost sitting up I'd stick it behind him. It was also good for tummy time. I definitely would get one. That and A Bumbo if you don't have one yet.