A few days ago Riley and I were watching the Daily Show before he left for work (as usual). Max was playing in his playroom, and when he came downstairs, Riley and I were laughing at something Jon Stewart said. Here is the conversation that followed:
Max: "Mom, that president is saying funny things."
Mom: "He's not a president, he's just a guy telling us the news."
Max: "Oh, then he's a Democrat, right?" (We have obviously watched a lot of election news coverage this year) :-)
Mom: "I'm pretty sure he is a democrat, but he's also a news guy. (Now I decide to play with him a little bit) Are you a democrat Max?"
Max: "NO!"
Mom: "Are you a republican?"
Max: "NO! Hold on a second and I'll show you what I am."
He then went upstairs and Riley and I continued to watch our show thinking he just went back up to play. He came downstairs a few minutes later dressed in his cop helmet with all of his cop gear and said:
Max: "I'm not a democrat or republican, I'm a cop!"
Mom: "Oh, very nice. So you're probably also an independent."
Max: "Yup."
Later that night we went over to my moms. He walked in the door and yelled, "Grandma, I'm a cop and I'm Independable!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
He is seriously so freaking adorable!!! That sounds like something Mia would say!
how do kids think of these things? It's funny that he would start asking about democrats and republicans too! so cute :)
That makes me laugh!! We will soon have a cop, that is an independent for president! He is to cute!
Post a Comment