Sunday, December 07, 2008

Cuz it's almost Time for Christmas!



I love Christmastime! I am getting so excited for Christmas this year. I have almost all of my Christmas shopping done and all of my decorations up. It has been so nice to get things done quicker this year so that I can enjoy the holidays with my sweet family. A few of the fun things we're doing this year:

The Nutcracker: My mom's dance studio does the Nutcracker every year. This year it was on Dec. 1st and 2nd. It was so fun to watch. Max loves the battle scene and asked Grandma Colleen this year if he could be the Nutcracker next year. :-) He would love to fight the Mouse King!

Festival of Trees: We went on Thursday night and it was very fun to see all of the creative trees! I have never been before, and we had a really great time. I can't believe I forgot to take my camera in, there were some AWESOME trees!!!

Polar Express Day at preschool: Was on Friday. Max and I had a great time dressing up in matching jammies and boarding the "Polar Express" for a day. Max was so excited to get a "magic" bell from preschool. He keeps telling us to pretend we don't believe in Santa for a minute so we can't hear his bell.

Breakfast with Santa: I've never been before, but heard it is great, so we're going to try it out. Thanksgiving Point usually doesn't disappoint.

Decorating our gingerbread houses: We just use the costco kits, but hey, it's still a lot of fun and easy enough for everyone to enjoy themselves--especially Max. He loves "making progress" on his own gingerbread house.

Christmas Eve dinner and a movie: We love this tradition. Each year we get together with my family and Riley's family and go to dinner and a fun movie. We haven't decided on the movie yet, but I think we'll probably see "The Tale of Despereaux" because "Bedtime Stories" doesn't come out until Christmas Day.

Max's Christmas Program: I love to watch the sweet little preschoolers sing and "act". I can't wait to see Max do his speaking part this year!

Max's friend party: YEAH! Max loves doing this every year with his best little friends. Cat is an amazing hostess! :-)

A few other things we're hoping to do this holiday season: drive through the lights at Thanksgiving Point, and while we're there, check out Santa's reindeer, have a few mario parties with family and friends, get some pictures in the snow (if it snows before Christmas...I won't be sad if it doesn't), make some yummy sugar cookies for Santa, drive around town and look at all of the decorated houses (Max says all of the houses are starting to look like gingerbread houses), and spend time with family and friends.

What are you doing this Christmas? What are your favorite holiday traditions???

5 comments:

Natalie and Craig said...

oh, sam looks so cute in his little santa hat! and as for me at christmas time, i will be doing most all that fun stuff with ya! ha ha, i love our family! we are the best!!!!

Shannon said...

I love the matching jammies. I couldn't imagion myself going out in pj's, but you look darling! I love Christmas time too. I want to watch Cambree make a snowman or just play in the snow. She was a little young to like it last year. We'll be making sugar cookies for Santa as well and we have a huge feast Christmas Eve every year at my dad's house & play games. Oh and getting the girls ready for santa in their christmas jammies!!!

Heather said...

I love Sam's hat and you and Max's matching pj's. We get to do Polar Express at school this week! This year we went to Disneyland. I would love for it to be a tradition, but I won't hold my breath!

Amber Lynn said...

i love the pictures!!! Specialy the one of your mom and nat trying to help Max.. How fun! I hope that you and your cute family have a great christmas holiday!! Give your mom a BIG hug for me! Miss you

Catherine Glazner said...

Nicole!! You guys did so much!! I love the blue matching PJ's!! They are adorable!! We tried to do a gingerbread house and it COLLAPSED the next day!! GUess we weren't meant for the breadhouse making business. LOL. I have to post some of my pictures up, I've been so lazy! I LOVE our little kid party's!! Our kids are so cute!!!