Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love Thanksgiving. I love having an excuse to eat a ton of very yummy (and filled with sugar and fat...mmmmm...) food. I also love hanging out with family and just sitting around talking and playing games.

It is also great to have a day to pause and think about how lucky our little family is to have the amazing people and things we have in our lives. In true Thanksgiving spirit, here are some things I am thankful for this year (sorry, no pictures yet, our hard-drive with all of our pictures crashed, so I'm VERY thankful for backups!!!):

My husband. I know I have mentioned this many times, but he is the best. He is such a hard worker and great provider for our family, while always putting family first. He is my best friend. He is an amazing cuddler and foot massager too. I'm so happy to be married to someone who functions on my wave-length, it makes everything easy.

My sweet boys. I have two of the cutest and sweetest kids. Max has grown up so much this year. (I keep telling him he can't grow up, but he just won't listen!) He is such a great big brother and I love that he is always so willing to help us out around the house. Sam is such a great baby. He is always just so happy and content to hang out with us. He is growing so fast and getting to be a little chunk. He is a great little eater, and he's been sleeping through the night now for over 3 weeks!

My family. I love how close my family is, and what a great support they are to us. One of my favorite things about my mom and dad is that they love all of their children unconditionally. They are such fun grandparents to my boys too, my boys love being with them. I am so grateful to have a mom and sister for best friends, and a dad who laughs at my jokes and crazy t-shirts when no one else will. :-)

Riley's family. Riley's parents are an amazing support for us too. I couldn't ask for better in-laws. They are so thoughtful, and I love that their door is always open to us. Max loves to play with grandma and grandpa!

My friends. I am thankful that I have the greatest friends who are always there for me and who have so much in common with me--they are my forever friends! The day before Sam went in for his test at Primary Children's, I came home to a package at my doorstep. It was filled with a few of my favorite yummy treats, and a good read (gossip magazine). It meant so much to me to know that they were thinking of me and Sam. They are so great and I love 'em to death! I also love that we have kids that play so great together!

Our house. We are so lucky to live in such a great house. I especially love that it is "ours", and that Riley and I were able to design exactly what we wanted. I also love that it is a home we can stay in forever.

Our jobs. I am so grateful that Riley and I both have jobs that are stable and secure through this rough economy. And, not only are they stable, we both enjoy our jobs. I can't say enough good about the preschool. It is such a great company to work for, and such a fun and fulfilling job. I love to watch my sweet class learn and grow.

Max's preschool teacher. She totally "gets" him, and he has done so great with her this year. He is learning so much and he loves going to school.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Nicole,
Hey, I just came across your blog! We haven't bumped into eachother for a while! I didn't even know you had another baby. Congradulations to you and Riley. Michael and I just had another girl on Monday. Babies are wonderful arn't they? I wouldn't mind keeping in touch at least (blog style)Life came be so crazy and I love that this stuff makes it easier. Love ya, tell Riley hi from us!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey nicole, we should get together SOON!! Call me if there's a good day for you this week or next. Glad to hear you had a great thanksgiving...tell your family I said "hi!"

Catherine Glazner said...

awwwww.....I love your blogs!! LOVE YA!!