Monday, April 27, 2009

Mexico

We had such a great time in Mexico this year! We arrived on Easter Sunday and Natalie's wedding was on Monday, so we had a busy first few days. After the wedding, we spent the rest of the week relaxing and having a blast!
The majority of our time this year was spent between the beach and the swimming pool. We didn't end up going into downtown Puerto Vallarta, but we did visit the infamous walmart. :-) We were able to go into the cute little town of Bucerias to shop on Wednesday, and we spent Friday afternoon in Sayulita.
While in Sayulita, Riley was able to get onto his feet surfing this year! I'm sad I didn't get a picture or video of it. Max was more brave this year and ventured into the ocean with dad and grandpa a few times. I still couldn't get him to go in with me.
During the trip, Sam became a huge fan of bread, tortillas, french fries, croissants, and cake. He loves eating REAL food! He also discovered his love of dum dum suckers on the airplane (which is a fabulous idea! Thanks Tesla!). Both boys did amazing on the flights! Max grew up so much on our trip. He was such a great big brother the entire time and he became so much more independant.
The week passed far too quickly and we were all sad to come home. Max wanted to get "reservations for life" (and I must admit, if it were possible, Riley and I would do it). It was so nice spending an uninterrupted week with the family.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Looks like you had a BLAST in Mexico. Love all the fun pictures. Natalie looked gorgeous at her wedding. It's crazy I can remember her just a toddler running around the house. It doesn't even seem that long ago. Time flies, i guess. Her wedding at the beach looked perfect!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place to vacation! I'm glad to hear that you all had such a great time :) This is so crazy, but yesterday I saw Marian at Disneyland! I don't even know how I spotter her b/c we weren't that close but right when I saw her I knew it was her and we talked for a bit. I don't think I've seen her in 10 yrs., but she told me you guys still keep in touch. One more thing, have you ever watched Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory on MTV? Every time I watch that I think he's Ryan Cook's twin so you'll have to tell me what you think.

The Payton's Place said...

awesome! you have one cute little family and I must say you look amazing...i'm jealous of your beautiful tan!!! lucky lady!