Today was a great day outside, so we decided to take a trip up to the zoo. It was SO fun! What a great day for the zoo! The animals were all out and active, so it was really fun to walk around and see some of the animals you usually have to search for. Max says his favorite animals to look at were the giraffes. We were able to see a baby giraffe with it's mom, and it was so dang cute! We also went into the giraffe building for the first time, and Max thought it was great to see the giraffes from above. Riley and I loved to see all of the monkeys. The little primates are so fun to watch. We got a chance to see a lot of them during feeding time, so they were all really active. The orangutans and gorillas were inside too, so we got to see them really close to the glass. The cougars were also awesome to watch. They were on the prowl! I'm pretty sure they wanted to eat all of the little kids watching them. They also came right up to the fence so we got a really good look at them, and one of them "meow'd" for Max. I cannot believe how big their paws are! The elephants were fun to watch too. Their trainers were out with them for a while, so we got to see a few little elephant tricks and we also watched them "dust" themselves with dirt, which Max really got a kick out of.
We all had a lot of fun, and it was nice to get out of the house for a bit (especially after my sick weekend). I think low 50's will be my new favorite temperature to visit the zoo in! I also learned today that Max does have fully functional legs (even though he'd like you to think he didn't when we're at the mall), he walked or ran the ENTIRE time we were there. So, I'm on to you Max! No more milking it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun day! Maybe this summer we can come up and go with you guys to the Zoo and take Shaylie! You guys do lots of fun things with Max! I am glad you are feeling better!
YAY!! The zoo!! Sounds like you had a blast!! We totally need to go for a play date, and take Jocelyn and Bridger.
Its been such nice weather I'm glad you guys took advantage of it!!
Post a Comment