Happy Birthday to me! Riley surprised me the morning of my birthday with my favorite breakfast: Daylight Donuts! YUMMY! They were everything I could've hoped for and more. What a great way to start the day!

After breakfast, we decided to hike to Timp Cave, Max had been wanting to go to the cave for a while. It was really nice to get out and it ended up being a really great day for hiking. Max loved the cave! I was so impressed with him, he hiked the WHOLE thing by himself (1.5 miles both ways and about 1,000 elevation gain!!! What a big boy!).

Max and dad enjoying the view. Max thought it was neat that you could see "our city" through the mouth of the canyon when we got up a little ways.

Max's favorite picture, the heart of the cave.
Max and mom's cave cuddles.
The end of the tour. Our tour was great, there ended up being only 10 people (our family and another family) on our tour, so we got to see a lot of neat things. Max really liked seeing the "blond cave beetles" at the end of the tour and he says his favorite place in the cave is the "camel room" and the heart of Timpanogos.
The hike down was harder on Max and me. Max made his own pit stops on the way down. He would just sit on the trail for a bit and get up when he felt like moving again.
We made it down the mountain in one piece! I was really sore, but only that night. It was such a fun day, and I'm really glad we made it up there before I got any bigger! Max told me my Timpanogos Cave birthday party was great. On the way home, we ate lunch at the new JCW's by Thanksgiving Point and it was SO GOOD! I love JCW's!
After our much needed nap and showers, Max had his first day of swimming lessons! It is so much fun to watch him in the pool, he loves it (I'll have to post more about his lessons later)! Then, we went with my family to Los Hermanos (thanks mom and dad!). It was very yummy and fun to be with my whole fam. Back at my parents house, my favorite cake was waiting for me! I LOVE cold stone's strawberry cake. SO GOOD! After our fun and calorie filled day, Riley and I finished the night with the new Incredible Hulk show. It was a really good movie!
The next night, we got to extend my festivities and enjoy my birthday dinner at Riley's parents house. Yummy tacos and a very delicious cake. Thanks Gary and Terrie!What a great birthday!





6 comments:
Happy Birthday Nicole!! I'm so glad you had a great day!! AND by the way you LOOK soo cute!! Your tummy is this little basketball!! Also HOW did you make it up Timp Cave being 6 months pregnant?!!? Almost 7!?!? Well HBDTM to you!! I'm glad you had a great day!! I'll see you soon!! LOVE YA TON!!
Nicole, I'm so impressed with the hiking! You are amazing! There's no way I could have done that prego. Thanks for the sweet comments you've made on my blog. Best wishes with the rest of the pregnancy!
Love- amber
I can't believe you hiked the cave being so far along!!! You are amazing :) Happy belated birthday!
Happy Birthday Nicole!! Looks like you had an awesome day! I love daylight donuts too. We used to have them all the time when I lived in AF.
Yeah, I am with Cat how did you get all the way to the top of Timp being all pregnant? You are so amazing!
I hope that you had a great birthday! It looks like you had fun! I am impressed that you hiked up there. I need to get out and get moving. I don't even know if I could make it up and I'm not pregnant! :)
Happy belated birthday! I can't believe you hiked up to Timp that pregnant because I don't even know if I'd want to try it not pregnant! That is such a big hike (for me anyway :) ). Anyway, glad to hear you had such a great birthday!
Post a Comment