Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Las Vegas: Day 2

After sleeping in (our hotel was really quiet from about 6am-9am) the pregnant woman needed donuts and cold milk. :-) Luckily, I had scoped out the donut places while we were on Fremont Street the night before, so I knew right where we were headed: Dunkin' Donuts. I don't really know why I NEEDED Dunkin' Donuts, but I did. Something about the whole controversy around Rachel Ray's scarf in their ad was intriguing me I guess. The donuts were just OK, and they were out of milk. How can a donut place run out of milk??? Luckily, we found a store with milk on the way to our car. I told Riley from now on, I am just sticking to Daylight Donuts, no other donuts even compare.

We then spent some quality shopping time (and $$$) at Fry's, Riley's favorite store in the whole world. I found a cute little Mario Kart remote controlled car for Max while we were there and Riley got a fun Nerf gun with a laser sight.

We decided to spend the heat of the day in a movie theater, so we went to see The Strangers. It was one of those scary movies where you're almost hoping that they die in the end because they are being so stupid. And, after finding out that it's hardly "based on true events", I'm even less impressed by the movie. I was very surprised by how many parents brought their LITTLE kids to this movie though. Sad.

For dinner, we went to one of my favorite restaurants in Vegas, Ricardo's. It's a cute little Mexican Restaurant off of the strip that has won a bunch of Best of Vegas awards. The food is yummy, and the service is excellent!
Finally, we were off to see LOVE! It was everything I had hoped it would be and more! What a great show. Riley and I are in agreement that it is now tied for 1st place of all of the Cirque Du Soleil shows we have seen in Vegas. I can't even begin to describe how cool it was. The music was, of course, amazing, and the talent in the show is so impressive. This show had a lot more dancing than the others we have seen, which I loved, and the sets, effects, costumes, just everything was so awesome! It was well worth the money we paid to see it! The only Cirque show we haven't seen in Vegas now is "O" at the Bellagio, so I'm sure I'll be bugging Riley to take me back soon. I love Las Vegas!
After our show, it was off to our noisy hotel again to sleep so that we could drive home in the morning. We got an earlier start on Monday morning than I thought we would, both of us were missing Max and wanted to get back before dinner. :-) We both had a great time in Las Vegas, yet again!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

You are such a stinkin' cute pregnant person. That is such a good picture!!

Rachael Grotegut said...

You look so cute and pregnant Nicole! Man I wish I looked that good now. Sounds like Vegas was a blast. I have been wanting to go forever. That is awesome that you met up with Cat too.